1st Line Support Engineer
Job Title: IT 1st Line Support Engineer
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 dependent on experience
The National Fostering Agency (NFA) Group is one of the largest independent providers of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes for child fostering. Now with Acorn Care and Education a part of the NFA family we provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing IT team based in Bolton. As the 1st Line Support Engineer, you will be receiving and handling IT incidents and service requests.
Reporting to the Senior Service Desk Analyst you will be the first point of contact for staff that require IT support and log them on our service desk. You will own and monitor calls until resolution, keeping end users updated at all times to maintain a good standard of customer service.
Communication is key as you will also be liaising with suppliers to maintain and replenish stocks of spare parts and consumables. You will also organise the transportation of hardware items to and from regional offices and schools.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop your own personal skills and capability though on-going training as agreed with your line manager. Please note that you will be expected to travel to other school and office locations in the UK.
You will have excellent customer service skills with a keen interest in IT. The successful candidate should have the ability to meet tight deadlines and work calmly under pressure. You should be able to work with challenging customers whilst maintaining a professional and friendly demeanour.
We are interested in candidates with experience of work in an IT Service Desk Team or MSP.
- Liaise with regional offices and schools on a regular basis to confirm all systems and services are operating as required.
- Own and monitor all calls to resolution, escalating where necessary to line management
- Maintain, organise and manage the hardware database. Ensure all requests are completed for all areas of the business.
- Log all communications on to the incident management system
- Organise the transportation of hardware items to and from regional offices and schools.
- Liaise with external suppliers regarding the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract.
- Educated either professional (Microsoft MCP) or public in IT at NVQ/GNVQ Level 3 or higher
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products from Windows 10, MS Office, etc
- Be able to work alone and tackle tasks proactively.
- Show good initiative and take ownership of tasks or issues
- Has a professional and friendly demeanour, positive and flexible attitude and excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Driving License
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Permanent - Full Time
£18,000 to £22,000 dependent on experience
Supporting files:Apply online now!