3rd Line Support Engineer
Job Title: IT 3rd Line Support Engineer
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 dependent on experience
The National Fostering Agency (NFA) Group is one of the largest independent providers of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes for child fostering. Now with Acorn Care and Education a part of the NFA family we provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing IT team based in Bolton. As the 3rd Line Support Engineer, you will be receiving and handling escalated service requests on the support desk.
Reporting to the IT Services Manager you will be the first point of contact for the 1st line support engineers at the point of escalation. You will troubleshoot and resolve 2nd line issues through to resolution. Logging all calls and keeping our end users up to date throughout issues will ensure we maintain a good standard of customer service with clients.
Working with the IT Services Manager you will help to improve support and management processes and provide suitable networking solutions. Regular contact with our regional offices and schools will also ensure systems and services are operating as required.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who has a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an IT support role or MSP in a 2/3rd line role. You will have advanced knowledge of IT hardware and understand Microsoft products and server platforms.
You will have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with challenging customers. The successful candidate will take ownership of issues and use initiative whilst working calmly under pressure. You should be able to work with challenging customers whilst maintaining a professional and friendly demeanour.
We are interested in candidates who are educated either professional (Microsoft MCSA, CNNA etc) or public in IT at Degree Level.
- Pick up 1st Line tickets to help keep queues down and improve customer service
- Own and monitor all calls assigned to you to resolution, escalating where necessary to IT Services Manager
- Maintain, organise and manage the hardware database. Ensure all requests are completed for all areas of the business.
- Log all communications on to the incident management system
- Organise the transportation of hardware items to and from regional offices and schools.
- Liaise with external suppliers regarding the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract.
- Educated either professional (Microsoft MCSA, CNNA etc) or public in IT at Degree Level.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products from Windows 10, MS Office, etc
- Be able to work alone and tackle tasks proactively.
- Show good initiative and take ownership of tasks or issues
- Has a professional and friendly demeanour, positive and flexible attitude and excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Driving License
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Permanent - Full Time
£32,000 to £36,000 dependent on experience
Supporting files:Apply online now!